The perfect half day, independent cycling trip experiencing the best that Queenstown has to offer. Enjoy a Spirit of Queenstown cruise to Mt Nicholas High Country Farm, stopping at Bob’s Cove to view flora and fauna up close and spectacular views towards Glenorchy, Mt Earnslaw, the Southern Alps and The Remarkables mountain range.
Disembark the vessel and journey between Mt Nicholas and Walter Peak (high country farms) located on the western shores of Lake Wakatipu as you cycle along a quiet country road through open farm land.
Breathe in the fresh mountain air, watch the landscape unfold and take in the panoramic alpine views while cycling 14 kilometres along a remote but public, shingle road to Colonel’s Homestead at Walter Peak. There’s an option to add on a BBQ lunch at Walter Peak before boarding the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw for the return cruise to Queenstown.
Please note: Station 2 Station Cycle Trail will not operate 1 June 2019 – 5 July 2019 inclusive due to the TSS Earnslaw’s winter maintenance schedule.
Everything you need to know
- Cruise to Mt Nicholas on Spirit of Queenstown and return from Walter Peak on TSS Earnslaw
- Quiet back country road through gentle, rolling terrain
- Cycle map and water bottle included
- Bring your own bike or choose to hire one of ours
- Optional Mt Nicholas Farm Experience
- Optional BBQ lunch at Walter Peak
- You do not have to be an athlete
RIDE TIME: 1 hour 30 minutes
DISTANCE: 14 kilometres