Queenstown is known for many things, among them being New Zealand’s adventure capital. Beyond the activities that make your heart beat right out of your chest, there are experiences that can simply make your heart skip a beat.
If you’re visiting to rekindle the spark in your relationship, Queenstown is the perfect place for that holiday romance. Keep it casual with a picnic by the lake or make it an indulgent experience with a lake cruise – no matter your style, Queenstown provides the perfect background for love and romance.
- A sunset gondola ride – Who says romance needs to be costly? Rise above the town and soak in a panoramic view of Lake Wakatipu and the surrounding city as a palette of pink and purple begin to colour the late afternoon sky. Pick sunset as the setting for your Skyline Gondola ride up Bob’s Peak for that perfect date, then cap it off with a heart-pounding luge adventure or ease more into the romantic mood with dinner at Skyline Restaurant.
- A stroll around Queenstown Gardens – Why give her one flower when you can surround your partner with thousands of them? Take in the beautiful scenery at Queenstown Gardens with a morning walk. Pack a picnic and enjoy a relaxing day on the grass. It won’t cost you much but it will definitely be a memorable experience.
- Relax in the Onsen Hot Pools – The Onsen Hot Pools provide a steamy set-up for your date. Sitting on a cliff side with a view of the mountains and the Shotover River canyon, it is the perfect way for couples to unwind and indulge in nature’s beauty. Get a private room and the candlelight package to complete the blissful evening.
- Sample the Culinary Delights – There are many restaurants to choose from for your date. Whether you prefer casual or sophisticated, you’ll find the perfect restaurant in Queenstown. The Central Otago region is also popular for its wine, so don’t forget to sample some of the best reds and white wines New Zealand has to offer. To satisfy that sweet tooth, Patagonia Chocolates on the Wakatipu lakefront has a beautiful selection of hand-crafted chocolates and other rich, delectable desserts.
- Enjoy a relaxing cruise on Lake Wakatipu – The Spirit of Queenstown Scenic Cruise is the longest lake cruise in Queenstown. You see more of Lake Wakatipu and enjoy the spectacular views of the Southern Alps up towards Glenorchy and Mt Earnslaw/Pikirakatahi. You’ll also discover Lake Wakatipu’s hidden gem – Mt Nicholas High Country Sheep Station, the place where many have chosen to have their special wedding day. Enjoy the visual delights of the famous Remarkables on the cruise back to Queenstown.